Thursday, January 12, 2012

Childfree hotels

Once I heard about these two hotels in CA which don't let people with children stay I asked myself how to find hotels with such rules any place I go.

I went to Expedia.com and looked for preferences. So these along with accessibility options are the most sought after features:
  •  

No "Childfree" option in view. But there is LGBT-Welcoming option.
So I selected LGBT for hotels in California, Big Sur. Two hotels came up, one of them from the earlier post. So, Post Ranch Inn is LGBT-Welcoming and does not let in clients under 18. The other one caters to families and doesn't list any age restrictions. I tried the same trick on LA and vicinity hotels and found 20+ LGBT-Welcoming ones. A few I looked into in more detail do not let in clients under 21. So I say this is the way to work around the absence of "Childfree" option but LGBT-Welcoming per se is not a guarantee of childfree stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment