Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Great culinary blog "My last bite..."

Sur La Table is my favourite store for kinky gadgets. Crate and Barrel, Williams Sonoma are somewhat behind. Paying too much attention to cookware and (in case of Crate and Barrel) to dinnerware. Just to give you an idea: I'm in line to pay for my finds and overhear the conversation. This sharp-looking not-so-young lady asks a girl at the counter about some special spatula she'd seen on TV. - We are sold out twice!

But imagine my disappointment when I asked for truffle shaver and they didn't have one. Offered me chocolate shaver instead! I looked here and there, I looked everywhere and I found this My list bite... culinary blog through the old post about Truffle shaver the author got form Sur La Table!

I was deeply touched by the story of her childhood in Okinawa and then children's home in US.

And I liked the idea of (her favourite) food films section.
1. Tampopo
2. Mostly Martha
3. Ratatouille
4. Big Night
5. Eat, Drink, Man, Woman
6. Like Water for Chocolate
7. Under the Tuscan Sun
8. Woman on Top
9. Dinner Rush

I would add
10. "Babette's feast" (1987, Denmark)
11. "The Cook the Thief His Wife & Her Lover" (1989, USA)
12. "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory" (1971)

more to come

No comments:

Post a Comment