Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Choppers and potato fries

Paid $20 for vegetable chopper @ Costco.
Similar to this one (Williams -Sonoma).

or rather this one (Progressive International GPC-4000 Fruit and Vegetable Chopper, Amazon)




The one I longed for was potato cutter for making fries.
This one is fine for chopping boiled vegetables. Indeed you chop faster and get to eat potato salad more often but that was not the point. I managed to cut raw potatoes but it was not a pleasurable experience. I read reviews about another chopper customers raved about. But they sounded like "it's great but you need to attach it to kitchen wall for better performance".  I have to admit I don't have  understanding of potato choppers, cutters and slicer. I can imagine that all-metal mandoline or a good sharp knife will do a better job. The issue is with supplying a pair of hands and a fair amount of patience. The latter is not my virtue. So one day I'll find my dream chopper.

And till then - as sad as it is - I will stay away from fries.


No comments:

Post a Comment