Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Iceland and pick-up (3): "One month into my Iceland stay I forgot what it was like to experience basic human warmth"

Iceland and pick-up (2)

The problem with ordering drinks in a bar is that the serving size is a joke. I estimate it's about half of the "official" serving size in the States...
To combat these problems, my drinking strategy was to knock back some scotch at home while pumping myself up to misogynistic rap music, then moving to beer once I arrived at the bar. 

***************************************** What I want you to understand is that  good chat is not valued by Iceland girls. They really don't care about your status back home, your vast experience, or your accomplished humor.


The paragraph below made my heart go out for the guy:

The night I went to see a Brazilian singer with a Russian girl about one month into my trip was eye opening. The Russian was chatty about life and travel while the Brazilian singer was charming, smiley and graceful. The fact that the Russian girl asked for my opinions almost blew my mind, because even Icelanders didn't give a fuck what I thought of their country. One month into my Iceland stay I forgot what it was like to experience basic human warmth. 

I believe this guy is sincere. He is not talking about many bangs with easy Icelandic girls he got in Iceland. In fact, he got two in two months. So much for apartment near the bar zone, smart afterparties pick-up line, and two months in the dark cold winter with not much of human touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment